Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome 2010

My first blog of the new year...feels so strange. I've managed to escape the blogging world for about a half year...I don't know why...yes I do...2009..ugh. The year started off well enough, I was searching for employment and venturing to begin Destiny's Refuge at the same time. It was both exciting and terrifying. I dropped the ball on DR and jumped fully into my new job in accounting. I suppose it was easier than fulfilling my hearts desire. 2009 continued with not much to speak of. I put my all into employment and returned home exhausted. Mid year I dropped my scripture memory with all my siesta's...sure will be missing them in Houston in a couple weeks, thanks Ang for attempting to keep me running.
It's interesting how the new year begins and it is simply another day connected to the day before; however, we somehow see it as a fresh start. I am grateful for a fresh start! I can't make any promises this year, but I am beginning it with expectation, and my plans include coming out of the isolation I have created for myself and reconnecting with people. I pray for my siesta's this year, I hope it is the best ever; and, with all the humility I can muster, I am hopping up, dusting myself off and taking one step forward. Happy New Year!
Phil 3:13-14
"Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

3 comments:

Nadine said...

I pray that this new year will bring you many blessings and surprises.

beckyjomama said...

I am doin a full on Happy dance to see that you are blogging again - NOTE: I said bloggING and not bloggED ... meaning I am expecting MORE!)
XOXXOXOXOXOXOXO

Unknown said...

Kathryn,

I read the story about you on A Woman Inspired website. Destiny's Refuge sounds like a wonderful endeavor. I write grants for several Christian ministries in Denver. One is Restoration Outreach Programs in Aurora. If you don't already know them, you may want to connect with them. They have been working with kids and teens along East Colfax for many years. They would be a really good connection point for you. I also worked with Open Door Ministris and Providence Network for a long time. You may want to connect with them, as they offer transitional housing and could give some good advice.
As you move along, please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to talk with you about the grant proposal process as well.
Blessings,
Lara Allen
Allen Consulting
303-910-9415
larajallen@gmail.com